Friday, January 2, 2015

Best wishes for the New Year.

My first New  Year's resolution is to find time to write a post for my blog at least one a Month, if not more often. I was surprised that I had let this go for a few months, but there you go. I got caught up in my writing and the editing process. The last post I wrote I was just getting myself set up to market my second book and still trying to navigate the various marketing options available to me as an indie Author. I know have three books of my NM Ranch Friends and Relations series on the market.
Matt's Summer
Nathan's Storm
Phil's Hope
For preview and additional purchase information you can visit my web page at:
http://www.cjhunnel.com/

Over this past week I stumbled my way into a few groups that I can share posts of my books. I have discovered a group of fellow authors who are sharing their work as well. I still feel like a novice with my efforts to get my stories out there for readers to discover. Oh, but I am enjoying the attempt.
Of course it hurts nothing that I am an avid reader and have now discovered a list of books I want to read. Here are a few I found to read while I was looking at the various groups.

Copperhead
Copperhead Strikes
 By Juliette Douglas and her Freckled Venom series:

I've read both already and thoroughly enjoyed them. Juliette has a wonderful way of drawing you into her characters. The old west setting comes alive as the red headed heroine moves through town as a bounty hunter and ends up being a deputy. The hero is the town Marshal who can not quite get his head around this woman's personality. Her tough take no crap exterior contrasts the secret actions to make sure two boys are well cared for.

These two track down murderers and break up bar fights, while trying to figure each other out. He learns, eventually, how to keep his demanding comments to himself. She works on that dreaded trust issue that won't let her live a normal life. Mind you this is a process they are working with while fighting criminals and the negativity of having a woman working as a deputy. Of all thing! Who in their right mind would hire a woman for the job?


In Dreams
By Heather Mullins

This is the next book on my reading list. It is a paranormal thriller. Well the first chapters are working out just fine for me. I look forward to reading it.

Here's to a happy and productive New Year.
Thank you ,
CJ Hunnel

No comments:

Post a Comment